Having the best plagiarism checker is important in helping you stay safe from plagiarizing content from other websites. More importantly, a plagiarism checker helps you to check if anyone is copying and stealing your content.
Copied content does not only harm your content marketing strategy, but is also frowned upon, and causes traffic loss on your website. You end up losing leads, harming your business, and destroying your reputation as a brand/ writer.
In 2014, CNN fired one of their London editors after discovering 50 plagiarism instances.
That same year, BuzzFeed also fired a journalist after plagiarism instances were detected in her articles.
Whether you are a solo freelance writer or you run a blogging business that relies on content marketing, it’s necessary for you to prevent sharing plagiarized content on your blog.
This is a detailed roundup of not-so-commonly known but the best plagiarism checker software in 2021 at a glance.
Affiliate Disclaimer: This article contains affiliate links that I get a commission for, at no cost to you. However, we only review tools, programs, and services that we have used, and which we feel are worth recommending to our readers. Please read our full affiliate disclosure.
PlagScan is a plagiarism detection tool that cuts across both the academic and business fields. The software scan content against three databases to ensure thorough detection.
You can check your content against other texts on the internet, your documents, and on the Plagiarism Prevention Tool that PlagScan offers. You can also check for copyright infringement using this tool.
How Does PlagScan Work?
PlagScan is a web-based cloud software that does not need any type of installation on your laptop/ computer.
It utilizes a statistics-based algorithm to limit the scanning only to documents that relate to your content thematically. This offers extra thoroughness while reducing the time spent scanning your documents for plagiarism.
Is PlagScan Trustworthy?
- PlagScan works well for both institutions and schools. You can therefore rely on it for thorough plagiarism detection
The plagiarism detection service is comprehensive
- The service has peak hours and plagiarism reports may take a while before generation
PlagScan pricing is offered in 4 different plans
Private plans: 24pages ($1/1000 words), 70 pages ($0,74/1000 words), 160 pages ($0,63/100words), 400 pages ($0,50/1000 words)
Business plans: Lite (starting at $17.99/ month), professional (Starting at $19.99/ month), and Enterprise (starting at $22/ month).
Does PlagScan have a free trial? Yes. PlagScan free trial allows you to check up to 2,000 words free.
If you are looking for the best plagiarism checker software that can help you turn your writing into fine writing, ProWritingAid is your answer.
What is ProWritingAid?
ProWritingAid is a top editor, grammar checker, and plagiarism detection software that helps turn average content into classy pieces. ProWritingAid has a fanbase amongst bloggers, novelists, and professional freelance content writers.
- ProWritingAid offers proofreading and editing services which are an overall addition to the plagiarism checks
- You can use the Microsoft Word add-in to run a plagiarism check on your content
- You can only access the plagiarism checking services if you only subscribe to the premium ProWritingAid plan
ProWritingAid has standard pricing for grammar/ editing features.
Monthly, $20, yearly $79, lifetime $319.
To access the plagiarism checking services you pay an additional fee as follows
- 10 plagiarism checks- $10
- 100 plagiarism checks $100
- 500 plagiarism checks $120
- 1000 plagiarism checks $200
Rating 4.9/5 By Capterra
What is Copyscape?
Copyscape is a plagiarism detection software that scans the web for content that is duplicated on your webpages and the originality of your content.
Copyscape is a web-based cloud software and cannot be installed on windows, mac, or iPhone/iPad.
Copyscape is a necessary tool for freelancers, content managers, and companies that invest heavily in content marketing.
How Does Copyscape Work?
The tool is easy to use and is effective in checking for plagiarism.
All you need to do is copy-paste the text onto the Copyscape box and then click “Search Premium.”
The plagiarized content on your text will be listed, and a link to the exact website where the content was plagiarized. Copyscape lists all the websites that have a 3%-4% match on the content you are checking.
- Copyscape is fast and accurate. It takes a few seconds before you get the results
- It’s expensive to use, as the price of checking plagiarism correlates to the amount of content
- It may not be suitable for checking a high volume of content
- The free version allows you to only check published content. It does not allow you to offline documents for plagiarism
Copyscape charges are based on the length of the text. For a search of up to 200 words, the charge is 3c. For every extra 100 words, the cost is 1c.
The pricing model is simple to understand, and you can tell how much you will pay by the number of words.
CopyScape Tips and Tricks
You don’t want to post long chunks of content on Copyscape. The tool is quite expensive when checking long texts. Break up the content into shorter pieces for ease of checking and also managing the cost.
What is WhiteSmoke?
WhiteSmoke is a leading English editing, proofreading, and plagiarism detection software. WhiteSmoke is a versatile tool and fits well in the corporate world, to finetune written content and avoid plagiarism.
WhiteSmoke runs a web-based cloud deployment service and also offers downloadable versions on Windows. Mac, Android, and iPhone/iPad.
While the grammar and editing look good when done with WhiteSmoke, it may take you several rounds to get used to the plagiarism checker. However, it gets easier to use once you are familiar with it.
- WhiteSmoke integrates with multiple operating systems
- Tutorials are available to learn how to use the tool
- The customer service is pretty slow
- The desktop plagiarism checker can be confusing on how to use it
- WhiteSmoke doesn’t feel suited for long texts but works well with short texts
WhiteSmoke pricing is fair and has a variety of plans to suit your overall grammar and plagiarism detection needs.
There are 3 plans; Essential/ Web (starting at $5.00 per month), Premium (starting at $6.66per month, and Business (starting at $11.50 per month).
WhiteSmoke plagiarism checking services are available on all the pricing plans. However, there is a limit to the credits that come with every plan and you will need to purchase some more credits.
Plagium is an online multilingual plagiarism checker that uses Yahoo! Instead of the Google search engine to check for copied or stolen content.
Plagium has been in existence since 2006 and can support other languages including French, Spanish, Portuguese, German, and Italian.
Plagium is a web cloud SaaS that allows you to check for plagiarism on offline content as well as online content through URL links.
It has the option of doing a quick search as well as a deep search option. The deep search option allows thorough submissions for paragraph-by-paragraph results.
- Plagium is a heavy-duty plagiarism detection software and can check for plagiarism on large texts fast
- It’s available for use by both registered and non-registered users
- For registered users, Plagium notifies you in case your content gets plagiarized
- Plagium also scans social media as well as the web for plagiarized content
- The free plan is quite limited including uploading the text to Plagium
- The free plan only allows quick searches on the free plan
Plagium has a variety of pricing plans.
A quick search starts at $0.04 per page, a deep search starts at $0.08 per page, and a file search costs $0.005 per page.
Prepaid plans for buying Plagium credits start at $1 (12, 500 characters) to $100 (1,425,000 characters)
Monthly plans start at $9.99 (143, 625 characters) to $99.99 (1,474,875 characters) How to Avoid Plagiarism
As a professional freelance writer, plagiarism checkers have helped me a great deal in taking care of plagiarism. By passing all of my clients’ work on Copyscape, they can have peace of mind that the content they publish on their website is 100% unique.
Companies and businesses that use content marketing as a primary marketing method know the importance of having unique and original content. Using the best plagiarism checker software is a great bonus that makes it easy for them to decide on hiring you.
- How To Budget and Save Money: Tips to Get You Started - May 7, 2021
- Top 14 Best Budgeting Apps for Couples in 2021 - April 28, 2021
- Ultimate List of Top 33 Highest Paying Summer Jobs For College Students - April 27, 2021